Caldo Verde Soup with Salmon Linguica Sausage
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Caldo Verde is a traditional Portuguese soup often served during social gatherings. It is made with dark leafy greens, potatoes and a Portuguese-type sausage called Linguica (pronounced Linn-gwuee-sa). My version of this classic dish is therapeutic for soothing female hormone-related discomforts by providing a rich source of nutrients such as calcium (from the greens and cheese), vitamin D (in the salmon, greens and cheese), B-vitamins (from the salmon and greens), fiber (from the veggies and seeds), magnesium (from the pepita seeds), vitamin A (from sweet potatoes) and zinc (from the pumpkin seeds).
- Olive oil (Napa Valley Naturals Orgainc Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Garlic, crushed or minced (Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Garlic)
- Chopped onions
- Sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Frozen chopped collard greens, or kale
- Chef Kelly’s Salmon Linguica-flavored sausage patties, (about six and a half cooked patties)
- Manchego cheese (A Spanish type cheese made with sheep’s milk)
- Pumpkin kernels (pepita seeds) (Woodstock Organic Pumpkin Seeds)
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add oil, onions and garlic and sauté, stirring frequently until the onions are translucent and soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and cubed sweet potatoes and bring mixture to a gentle boil and cook until potatoes are soft and mushy.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage patties per recipe and then dice into small pieces.
- Remove the pot from the stove and remove the potatoes from the pot using a slotted spoon or skimmer, mash them in a separate bowl using a potato masher or hand immersion blender and then return them to the pot.
- Return the pot back on the stove then add the sausage slices and kale or collard greens. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the kale is tender. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Serve hot in large soup bowls and garnish with cubes of Manchego cheese and pepita seeds (pumpkin seed kernels).
my love for music essay how to write essay about my teacher what is generic cialis called introductory paragraph research paper go site eye damage from viagra https://cadasb.org/pharmacy/consumo-viagra-venezuela/13/ source link english for academic purposes writing mexican viagra pills online abc & asap resume & writing services analytical essay on the swimmer resume yankee white propecia rogaine 2 months get link geology research paper example wird viagra von der kasse bezahlt go to site how to use viagra tablets in hindi how to go off crestor report writing for high school students dental admission test essay crestor vs vytorin essay on park viagra 50 efectos secundarios click essays on growing up by russell baker how to write a why us college essay buy viagra online without go site sample essay environmental issues research paper on hitler Per Serving: 339 Calories; 16g Fat; 25g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 378mg Sodium.