Caldo Verde Soup with Salmon Linguica Sausage
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Caldo Verde is a traditional Portuguese soup often served during social gatherings. It is made with dark leafy greens, potatoes and a Portuguese-type sausage called Linguica (pronounced Linn-gwuee-sa). My version of this classic dish is therapeutic for soothing female hormone-related discomforts by providing a rich source of nutrients such as calcium (from the greens and cheese), vitamin D (in the salmon, greens and cheese), B-vitamins (from the salmon and greens), fiber (from the veggies and seeds), magnesium (from the pepita seeds), vitamin A (from sweet potatoes) and zinc (from the pumpkin seeds).
- Olive oil (Napa Valley Naturals Orgainc Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Garlic, crushed or minced (Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Garlic)
- Chopped onions
- Sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Frozen chopped collard greens, or kale
- Chef Kelly’s Salmon Linguica-flavored sausage patties, (about six and a half cooked patties)
- Manchego cheese (A Spanish type cheese made with sheep’s milk)
- Pumpkin kernels (pepita seeds) (Woodstock Organic Pumpkin Seeds)
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add oil, onions and garlic and sauté, stirring frequently until the onions are translucent and soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and cubed sweet potatoes and bring mixture to a gentle boil and cook until potatoes are soft and mushy.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage patties per recipe and then dice into small pieces.
- Remove the pot from the stove and remove the potatoes from the pot using a slotted spoon or skimmer, mash them in a separate bowl using a potato masher or hand immersion blender and then return them to the pot.
- Return the pot back on the stove then add the sausage slices and kale or collard greens. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the kale is tender. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Serve hot in large soup bowls and garnish with cubes of Manchego cheese and pepita seeds (pumpkin seed kernels).
lipitor and joint pain side effects https://chanelmovingforward.com/stories/best-thesis-writer-websites-for-phd/51/ is celebrex a narcotic levitra san marcos analysis essay perception voice quality is acyclovir safe doctoral dissertation writing assistance essays on the prince get link lexapro antidepressants https://ncappa.org/term/solve-this-math-problem-for-me/4/ essay about food pyramid viagra tachyphylaxis enter site explain the connection between cellular respiration and essay master thesis evaluation can i take viagra with energy drinks https://cwstat.org/termpaper/dissertation-only-phd-programs-uk/50/ o viagra tem alguma contra indicao benedict arnold traitor or hero essay impulse drinking with cymbalta essay marriage and divorce fish oil viagra https://efm.sewanee.edu/faq/zotero-juristische-dissertation/22/ cheapest place to buy plavix viagra kamagra tanio alternate tamoxifen therapy how long for propecia to work cialis potenzmittel rezeptfrei feu thesis front page https://teleroo.com/pharm/can-you-still-get-pregnant-on-viagra/67/ essay myself in german Per Serving: 339 Calories; 16g Fat; 25g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 378mg Sodium.