Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 15 oz.
This vinaigrette is a tasty dressing for chilled poached salmon and vegetable pasta plates that I like to serve for a fix-ahead luncheon entrée or as a chilled summertime supper.
- 8 oz. Roma Tomatoes, (about two each)
- ¼ cup Tarragon vinegar
- 1 Tbls. 100% maple syrup
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp. Cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 TBls. Tomato paste
- 2 Tbls. Fresh tarragon, minced
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Peel, seed and chop Roma tomatoes.
- Place half of the tomatoes, vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, black pepper, turmeric, garlic powder, tomato paste and half the tarragon in a blender. Pulse until well combined. Set blender to run continuously; add oil in a thin steady stream while the blender is running until oil all is poured in and mixture is emulsified (oil is suspended in the mixture and mixture is thickened). Pour mixture into a dressing bottle or jar.
- Small dice the remaining tomato. Add the diced tomato and the remaining tarragon to the jar, cover and shake to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Per (1 oz.) Serving: 69 Calories; 7g Fat; trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 17mg Sodium