Probiotic Gazpacho Soup Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 6 Portions
This is a unique twist on the vegetable-rich, Spanish-classic, cold vegetable soup. My version amp's up the gut health-benefits with extra probiotic and prebiotic ingredients that help promote a balanced microbiome
- 8 oz. Roma tomatoes, cored, skinned, seeded
- 6 oz. Jicama, peeled and chopped
- ½ each Red bell pepper, organic, seeded, chopped
- 8 oz. Homemade Raw Sauerkraut with Chipotle and Cumin Seeds (TherapeuticCuisine.TV recipe or purchased a ready-to-eat, raw, unpasteurized sauerkraut)
- ½ cup Leek, chopped (about 2 oz.)
- 1 Tbls. Miso paste, organic
- 1 Tbls. Avocado oil La Tourangelle Avocado oil, 250 ml can
- 1 Tbls. Garlic, minced Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Garlic 4.5 oz. jar
- 1 Tbls. Apple cider vinegar, organic, raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbls. Dry ground turmeric Simply Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- 1 Tbls. Dry ground cumin Simply Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 1.5 cups Tomato juice, low sodium, organic
- 6 Tbls. Crème Fraiche (cultured heavy cream)
- 6 each Cilantro sprigs
- Core tomatoes and score an X in the bottom end. Plunge them into boiling water for about thirty seconds or up to one minute or until the skin begins to peel back around the area of the scored X. Use a slotted spoon and remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and plunge them into very cold or iced water to cool. Once they are cool enough to hold peel off the skins, slice in half, remove the seeds and then coarsely chop the remaining flesh.
- Place tomatoes into a food processor with remaining ingredients (except crème fraiche and cilantro leaves) and pulse machine at first and then blend continuously until mixture is fairly smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve: Portion chilled soup evenly among 6 serving bowls, top with a dollop of crème fraiche and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Per Serving: 127 Calories; 7g Fat; 3g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 13mg Cholesterol; 363mg Sodium.