Muesli & Pomegranate Juice Cereal Soak Parfait Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
This quick and easy recipe contains pomegranate juice which is very good for prostate health. It also provides added convenience when made as a fix-ahead breakfast, snack or dessert! This recipe is low in sodium and cholesterol, provides a source of lean protein, probiotics, and B vitamins and is a very good source of Vitamin C. Add a tablespoon of unsalted toasted pepita seeds (hull-less pumpkin kernels) on top of each portion to add even more prostate health-helping properties.
- 1 cup Muesli, raw (not granola which is toasted with added oil and sweeteners)
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice
- 1 cup Yogurt, plain, low-fat, (with live or active cultures)
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen strawberries, or other berries per availability
- Mix muesli, pomegranate juice, and yogurt together in a bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning spoon into serving dishes over fresh or frozen berries.
- Garnish with whole berries and mint sprig and (optional) unsalted pepita seed kernels.
Calories: 150, Fat: 2g, Carbohydrates: 29g, Sodium: 114mg, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 5g, Cholesterol: 3mg