Cool Blues Salad Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 4 Servings
- 6 oz. Red Chard (about 3 cups)
- 6 oz. Purple Kale (about 3 cups)
- 4 oz. Radicchio leaves (about 2 cups)
- 1 can 14.5 oz. beets, drained, sliced cut into julienne strips
- 6 oz. Frozen blueberries (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup Red onion, cut into half slices, separated into strips
- ½ cup Toasted almond slices
- 2 oz. Red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup Blueberry vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- In a large bowl toss together the chard, kale, radicchio, julienned beets, frozen blueberries, red onion strips and raspberry vinaigrette dressing until well combined.
- Portion one fourth of the lettuces on each of four salad plates. Sprinkle with about ⅛ cup of almond slices over each salad.
Calories: 274, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrates: 26g, Sodium: 360mg. Fiber: 6g, Protein: 6g, Cholesterol: 0mg