Veggie Burger Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
- ½ cup Mushrooms, chopped
- ½ each Medium Onion, chopped
- ½ each Green Bell pepper, chopped
- ½ each Carrot, shredded
- ½ each Zucchini or crookneck summer squash, chopped
- ½ cup Cooked Brown rice
- ½ cup Wheat Germ
- ½ cup Quick cooking rolled oats or oat bran
- ½ cup Walnuts, chopped fine, or sunflower seeds
- 1 each Beaten egg or ¼ cup liquid eggs
- ½ tsp. Each of thyme, sage, oregano, marjoram, red chili flakes, chili powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Mustard powder
- 1 tbls. Olive oil
- 4 each Sandwich Thins Rolls - Oroweat Multi-Grain, or other bun or roll
- Add the mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, carrot and zucchini to a food processer. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped or minced.
- Place mixture in a medium bowl with the remaining ingredients (except oil) and mix well. If mix is too loose add a bit of bread crumbs and if it is too dry moisten with a bit more egg or water. Form mixture into four patties. Cover and refrigerated for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the four patties and cook burgers, turning carefully, until nicely browned (about 4-8 minutes per side).
- Serve on buns with ketchup, mustard, and your choice of toppings.
Calories: 382, Fat: 17f, Carbohydrates: 48g, Sodium: 199mg Fiber: 11g, Protein: 16g, Cholesterol: 53mg