Prostate Health - Mustard Crumb & Pumpkin Seed Crusted Arctic Char Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 4 Servings
Topped with a spoonful of Pomegranate salsa, this autumn fish recipe helps support good prostate health. It also provides a rich dose of Omega 3 fatty acids and a good source of the B vitamins (Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12), phosphorus and a very good source of protein and selenium.
- 4 6 oz. skinless filets Arctic Char (about 1-1/4” thick)
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs or whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tbls. Dijon mustard, prepared
- 1 Tbls. Olive oil
- ¼ tsp. Sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup Liquid egg product, low or no cholesterol
- ¼ cup Hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, mustard, and olive oil until well combined. Set aside.
- Place filets on a non-stick foil covered baking sheet. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Top each filet with on forth amount of bread crumb mixture. Drizzle liquid egg product evenly over each filet (about 2 teaspoons each). Sprinkle pumpkin seed over each filet and press down lightly on the top with clean hands to set them in the breadcrumb topping.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until breadcrumbs turn golden-brown and fish is cooked through to the middle.
- Top with a generous spoonful of pomegranate salsa.