Strawberry & Lavender Honey Champagne Sauce
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 8 Servings
This sauce is an obvious winner over a special Valentine’s Day choice of dessert. Strawberries are considered to be one of the most erotic of fruits due to their abundance of seeds and heart-like shape. Lavender is known as the "Herb of Love" due to its aphrodisiac scent - which is particularly alluring to men. Honey is said to promote testosterone production in men and estrogen use in women. The aphrodisiac and fertility-boosting properties of honey were the inspiration behind the word, "Honeymoon". And Champagne is simply the beverage of love and celebration. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Frozen Strawberries, unsweetened, thawed and drained (reserve liquid)
- ¼ cup Honey (preferably lavender), or coconut nectar syrup
- 1 tsp. Lavender, dried culinary grade buds, or ¼ tsp. lavender oil (essential oil)
- ¼ cup Dry Champagne
- Thaw strawberries and reserve ¼ cup of the juices.
- Place strawberries, reserved liquid, honey and lavender in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Pour blender mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer mixture until it is reduced by half (about 20 minutes). Remove from heat, strain and cool.
- To serve, stir in champagne and serve over the dessert of your choice.
Calories: 58 Fat: trace, Carbohydrates: 14g, Sodium: 2mg, Fiber: 2g, Protein: trace, Cholesterol: 0mg,