No-Bake Probiotic Chocolate-Cherry Cheesecake
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 12 Portions
This cheesecake recipe tastes delightfully tart, chocolaty, creamy, and crunchy. It provides a good source of healthy probiotics from high-quality dairy ingredients that contain live cultures (probiotics) which help support the balance of beneficial bacteria in your gut’s microbiome (environment).
- ½ cup Cacao nibs Navita’s Naturals Cacao Nibs 8 oz. bag
- ½ cup Rolled oats Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats 32 oz. bag
- ½ cup Almonds, chopped into coarse crumbs
- ¼ cup Coconut manna (or coconut butter) Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna 15 oz. jar
- 2 Tbls. Cacao powder Navita’s Naturals Organic Cacao Powder, 8 oz. bag
- ¼ cup Honey, raw, unfiltered Really Raw, unstrained honey 16 oz. jar
- 2 envelopes Gelatin powder, unflavored (about ½ oz.)
- 3 Tbls. Cold water
- 1 cup Tart cherry juice
- ½ cup Coconut palm sugar Navita’s Naturals Coconut Palm Sugar 16 oz. bag
- 1.5 cups Nancy’s Probiotic Greek Yogurt, Plain, Nonfat, Organic (go to www.nancysyogurt.com to find a store with this product near you)
- 1 lb. Nancy’s Cultured Cream Cheese, Organic (go to www.nancysyogurt.com to find a store with this product near you)
- 4 Tbls. Cacao powder Navita’s Naturals Organic Cacao Powder, 8 oz. bag
- In a small sized mixing bowl add the cacao nibs, oats, almonds, coconut manna, cacao powder and honey and mix with a spoon until mixture is evenly blended together and forms a moist crumb texture. Pour crumb mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch spring-form pan. Spread mixture out and press down until the entire bottom of the pan is covered with the crumb crust. Set pan aside.
- In a small bowl add about 3 Tablespoons of cold water. Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the cold water and let mixture rest for about 2 minutes or until the gelatin has softened and absorbs down into the water.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepot bring the tart cherry juice to a rolling boil. Remove juice from heat and stir in the softened gelatin. Add the coconut palm sugar and stir until the sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved into the hot cherry juice (about 2-3 minutes).
- In a medium sized mixing bowl blend together the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and cacao powder until smooth. Gradually mix in the cherry-gelatin liquid until all is added and the contents of the bowl are evenly combined into a soft and creamy filling.
- Pour cheesecake filling into the prepared spring-form pan over the crumb crust. Refrigerate pan for 5-6 hours or until filling is firmly set.
- Slice cheesecake into 12 wedges or portions and serve cold. If desired, garnish each slice of cheesecake with some fresh or frozen pitted cherries and a sprinkling of cacao nibs or dark chocolate shavings.
Per portion: 258 Calories; 14g Fat, 10g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 52mg Sodium.