Chocolate Snack Crackers Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
These gluten-free snack crackers taste like the little teddy bear shaped graham crackers kids love to eat and they can be made in the shape of goldfish, animals, and holiday-themed shapes such as stars, hearts or shamrocks.
- 1 cup Brown rice flour
- ⅔ cup Oat flour, gluten free, whole grain
- ⅓ cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¼ cup Mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- ¼ cup Tapioca starch
- ¼ cup Coconut flour
- ½ tsp. Guar gum
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¾ cup Almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ cup Coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup Butter, melted
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl combine brown rice flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, Mochiko, Tapioca starch or flour, coconut flour, guar gum, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend milk, coconut sugar, melted butter, and vanilla into the dry ingredients to make wet dough that will stiffen as the coconut flour absorbs the liquids. Form dough into a ball and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and dust a a sanitized, dry, flat counter top with some gluten-free baking flour.
- Flatten and roll out the dough ball to a ⅛ - ¼-inch thickness. Use a goldfish bite-sized or other small shaped cookie cutter of your desire to cut out as many crackers from your dough as possible. Place crackers onto a lightly greased cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with silicon baking mat or parchment paper sheet.
- Bake crackers for about 10-14 minutes for goldfish size, or 20 minutes for larger shaped crackers
- Remove crackers from cookie sheet and place on wire rack until cool and crisped.
- Store crackers in a tightly sealed container.
Calories: 167, Fat: 9g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Sodium: 195mg, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 3g, Cholesterol: 22mg