Cherry Smoothie Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 14.5 oz
Cherries are a good source of anthocyanin’s which provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help ease arthritis pain. Ginger and cinnamon also provide anti-inflammatory properties. And flax seeds contain Omega 3 fatty acids which help ease the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis by lowering levels of inflammatory chemicals in the body that erode cartilage.
- 2 oz. Pitted cherries, frozen, unsweetened
- 1 each Pitted date
- 1 tsp. Sliced almonds
- 1 cup Vanilla almond milk, unsweetened, organic
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Ground ginger powder
- 1 Tbls. Maple syrup
- 2 tsp. Flax seed, ground
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender for a couple of minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour into a tall thin ice-tea glass and serve with a straw or (optional) garnish by hanging a cherry on the rim and topping with a mint sprig.
Calories: 190, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Sodium: 183mg, Fiber: 5g, Protein: 4g, Cholesterol: 0mg