Roasted Carrot Dip Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 lb. Carrots
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1-1/2 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Tbls. Olive oil
- ¼ tsp. Tarragon leaves, dry, chopped
- ¼ tsp. Chervil leaves, dry, chopped
- 4 Tbls. Orange juice
- ½ tsp. Ground ginger powder
- ¼ tsp. Orange extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Toss carrots and crushed garlic in 1-1/2 teaspoons of olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Cook in oven until the carrots become tender and slightly browned, about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Remove from oven and place roasted carrots and garlic in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process until smooth. Alternatively, the ingredients can be pureed using a hand immersion blender. If mixture is tight or dry, add a few more drops of orange juice to loosen it to your desired dipping consistency.
- Place mixture in a chip and dip platter bowl and serve dip warm or cold. Surround dip bowl with healthy type chips and garnish (optional) with a carrot curl and a dehydrated or fresh orange slice and a sprinkling of tarragon.
Calories: 56, Fat: 2g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Sodium: 24mg, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg