Pumpkin & Chick Pea Puree Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 8 servings
This recipe can be used as a dip, sandwich spread, or topping or sauce for grilled meats and vegetables and is a good source of isoflavones which are known to help lower the prostate-enlarging hormone called dihydotestosterone (DHT). This recipe also provides a very good source of vitamin E, folate and fiber, which are also beneficial in managing prostate health.
- 1 cup Tempeh
- 1 tsp. Almond Oil
- ¼ cup Minced Onion
- 2 Tbls. Minced Garlic
- 14.5 oz. Pumpkin Puree
- 14.5 oz. Chick Peas (Garbanzo beans), canned,
- drained (about 10 oz.)
- 1 Tbls. Pumpkin Oil
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- Crumble Tempeh and place in food processor bowl.
- Sauté onion and garlic in almond oil until onions turn translucent and soft, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add onions and garlic to the food processor bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the processor bowl and blend mixture until smooth.
- If necessary, blend in a few tablespoons of water to thin the mixture to the consistency of your application.
- Pour puree into a storage bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Optional: Garnish with toasted pumpkin seed kernels.
Calories: 117, Fat: 4g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Sodium: 11mg, Fiber: 4, Protein: 6g, Cholesterol: 0mg