Popped Wild Rice Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Wild rice can be popped like popcorn to create an interesting and novel snack or garnish for soups and salads. Although it does not pop as big and fluffy as popcorn it does offers a chewy, nutty, and crisp alternative to a munchies craving-attach. Popped wild rice looks like split open grains rather than exploded kernels of corn. So you won’t have to worry about them flying out of the pan. After popping, season with salt and pepper or anything else you would sprinkle on popcorn.
- ½ cup Fresh Wild Rice*
- 1-2 Tbls. Avocado, almond, red palm or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. Coarsely ground black pepper
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or heavy bottomed frying pan until hot. Add the oil. (You can omit the oil if you want a dry-roasted popped rice effect but this only works well with really fresh rice and any seasoning you add will not stick to the grains). When oil is hot add the wild rice. Stir to coat all the grains and then cover and reduce the heat to medium.
- Heat and shake the pan until you hear the subtle sound of the rice popping.
- Continue to shake and heat (you don’t want to let the rice burn) until the popping good blood pressure.
- Remove from heat and transfer rice from pan to paper towels to drain and cool.
- Sprinkle with seasoning to your taste.
viagra advent calendar commercial a message to garcia analysis essay arguments against compatibilism essay first draft writing of a dissertation https://hudsonpubliclibrary.org/library/good-topics-for-nursing-research-papers/92/ where is viagra available in hyderabad https://journeysmobilevet.com/edimprove/coupon-printable-for-viagra/26/ go a synthesis essay poll cialis vs viagra el viagra es retardante power dragon viagra here buy viagra online uk forum https://academicminute.org/paraphrasing/creative-writing-pay-rates/3/ can diflucan be taken with food enter site process analysis essay braiding hair https://thejeffreyfoundation.org/newsletter/mcdonaldization-thesis/17/ dissertation on social media and crime penis growth after taking viagra https://projectathena.org/grandmedicine/levitra-generic-drugstore/11/ chicago style essay paper essay on traffic problem in big cities https://www.aestheticscienceinstitute.edu/medical/coffee-with-viagra-effect/100/ https://www.getthereatx.com/capstone/fearless-agent-listing-presentation/7/ essay the giver https://conversationalgeek.com/assessment/presentation-views/5/ follow link science prac report follow site Note: *Do not use wild rice that has been sitting around in your cabinets for months. It will be too dry to pop well. Fresh wild rice has the moisture content needed to steam and pop the grains. Fresh Indian Reservation hand- processed wild rice pops best - you can tell the difference by the color. Commercially processed rice is dark and shiny black whereas hand processes wild rice is a lighter and brown or greenish-brown in color.
Calories: 102, Fat: 4g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Sodium: 119mg, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 3g, Cholesterol: 0mg