Creamed Corn Curry Recipe
Author: Chef Kelly Yorke
Serves: 4 Servings
Creamed corn curry can be served as a sauce for meats, fish and poultry. I also like to serve it as a tasty dipping sauce for oven-fried sweet potato wedges, or as a soup poured into baked acorn squash bowls garnished with a sprinkling of chopped basil and toasted coconut shavings.
- ¼ cup Leeks, finely chopped
- 1 Tbls. Avocado oil
- 1 oz. Jalapeno, minced
- 2 cups Corn kernels, yellow, fresh, frozen or canned & drained
- 1 Tbls. Sugar, granulated coconut nectar (optional)
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 3 Tbls. Fresh Basil, julienne cut (thin strips)
- 1 tsp. Soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbls. Curry Powder
- 2 Tbls. Lime Juice
- 1.5 cups Coconut water
- 1.2 cup Milk, whole (3.25% milk ) or light coconut milk
- In a sauce pot, sauté leeks and jalapeno in oil until soft (about 1-2 minutes). Add corn, sugar, garlic powder, basil, soy sauce, curry powder, lime juice, coconut water and milk, bring mixture to a light boil then remove from heat.
- Using a ladle, remove one half of the mixture to a separate bowl and puree removed mixture using a cocktail blender or hand immersion blender.
- Return pureed mixture into the sauce pot (with the un-pureed mixture) and return pot to heat. Bring mixture back to a simmer then serve.
Calories: 143, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrates: 24g, Sodium: 64mg, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 4g, Cholesterol: 0mg